Monday, May 18, 2009

Wishful Thinking

As you've no doubt heard, Maurice Sendak's immortal WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE is being made into a movie - and it looks like a good one, if the trailer is to be believed. I'm still holding out for a film version of my all-time favorite children's book, a Chris Van Allsburg title (one that hasn't already been brought to freakish, computer-animated life). No, not Two Bad Ants. I'm thinking of THE Z WAS ZAPPED, in which each letter of the alphabet meets its grim, alliterative end. I envision an all-star cast (live-action, of course) with Downey Jr. as the drowning D, and maybe Zooey Deschanel in the eponymous role. Come on, wouldn't you love to see her in a giant Z costume?

-John

3 comments:

Ame Dyckman said...

LOVE The Z Was Zapped! And Zooey Deschanel would be PERFECT--she always looks surprised anyway.

Pat Raccio Hughes said...

WTWTA as a movie???? Say it ain't so, Joe. I mean John. Look, some things are just sacred and this is one of them. Look at what Hollywood did to "The Polar Express." No, I won't look. I just won't look!!

Joelie said...

Great, now I can't get the surreal images of celebrities as letters OUT OF MY HEAD. Thanks, J. *eye roll*

Search This Blog