Sunday, April 19, 2009

Do You Know. . .

how much we like our Kindles? paper mss were the heart of my professional reading experience-- as for all agents and editors-- but electronic readers made their ungainliness instantly obvious. paper mss weigh a lot and keeping the pages together is a drag and slows reading. a light-weight Kindle holds everything, goes everywhere; and even though note-taking is trickier than marking physical pages, or going back to scrutinize issues of pace/character/logic/etc., these devices are sure to own future of reading.

3 comments:

Caryn Caldwell said...

I don't have a Kindle yet, but every time I hear from someone who has one I become more and more tempted. Maybe when my back room isn't filled with traditionally printed books that I have yet to read.

Joelie said...

I.WANT.ONE!

Mo Manning said...

Well, I love my Kindle too, and am already in line for the Kindle DX -- coming this summmer -- which will be almost as large as a magazine page (and only 1/3 of an inch thick.) You can even read PDFs on it.

Search This Blog